Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


With only 30 minutes to go until Real Love is meant to have its online launch, one might think it late in the day to be writing the maiden post. However, much like love itself, the journey to this point has been unpredictable and still manages to shock me as the final minutes ebb away.

This whole idea is less than a month old and was not even remotely on my radar as I toasted the turn of 2013. Admittedly, as I clinked glasses with two of my good friends on New Year's Eve, I thought forward to their impending summer nuptials and as I looked around at the room of our peers, I felt a fuzzy sense of belonging - but Real Love was not on my mind.

Fast forward a mere 45 days and I am now part of a team of like-minded, enthusiastic individuals all with different reasons to go on the same quest - stop me if this sounds like the plot from the Hobbit! Our journey is such that even as we take our first foraging steps outward, there is no right or wrong direction - all that matters is that we keep moving and keep our heart rates up!

As I read back, I recognise the theme of time; 30 minutes, a month, 2013, 45 days...time dictates our lives in a way that I'm not sure we fully appreciate. In the last week building up to this point, time has been at such a premium that social engagements I would usually honour have slipped my mind and hours I would usually sleep have been spent burning the midnight oil. This unexpected time deficit has been costly to my love life too as I haven't even had time to reschedule a date I was excited to go on!

Well before I rattle on too much (there's still so much to do!) let me take this moment to thank you for visiting our Real Love blog and leave you with a great little video that shows how our relationship with time affects our well-being.

Happy Valentine's Day and welcome to the first day of the rest of Real Love!




No comments:

Post a Comment